Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a framing nailer and just was curious as to what people would recommend. I have used a Senco 750XL before and like them but I was curious as to what people thought of the other brands. I can get a Duofast NSP-350F1 fairly cheap. Is it a good nailer and how does it compare to the senco, porter cable and dewalt brands.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I have a Bostich now (it was a good deal) but if I was to by a new one I thinK I'd seriously consider pasload, I've had a few before and I like the performance and durability. In fact I've only had one pasload brake down, that was an Impulse, and I fixed it easily.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Partial to Porter Cable Have 4 of the same gun and have not had a problem other than an occasional jam and I blame that on bent racks of nails. Have often thought of paslode however due to that occasional small job and being lazy with compressor, hose, gun and nails whew than I'm ready for a break.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Paslode, Senco, Hitachi, Bostich are all pretty close as far as price and quality of tool. Want to go a little cheaper - look at Grizzly. I think with any of the brandname tools you'll be happy. It really comes down to personal preference and how you use the tool.
Like I hate Dewalt chop saws but love the Milwaukee. The next guy is just the opposite. I would recommend going to the tool store and picking each of them up - see if they'll let you shoot a couple nails with them (you never know). Then compare what you like with the price.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I baught a nail gun once, don't remember the brand, but on the little booklet it had two cartoon guys, one was carying the nail gun while climbing a ladder. the nail gun was going off on the other guy's head. beneith it read "Do Not Shoot Your Help".....no crap.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Porter Cable FR350 and it is an ok nailgun. I'm not overly impressed though, even though it has never jammed in 1 year. I'm starting to have some problems fully sinking nails, I think I may need to take it apart and check out the seals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have a Dewalt D51845. I just recently bought one. Just waiting for it to arrive. Just wondering what other people thought of this framing nailer.

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
(bump) :laughing:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
paslode

Around here its hitachi paslode or bostitch. I have paslode guns..

I have had 1 nail jam in the last year and a half. took 2 literal seconds to fix. It has been absolutely problem free. plus it has a rafter hook.
I also like the bare metal at the top of the gun. It's a good place to label your gun with the jiffy marker. Mines called
The executioner #1. Cant write that on a hitachi. :laughing:

·
Registered
264 Posts
" qaulity goes in before the name goes on "

Max FRH stick nailer = Amazing .... have converted over all the hitachi's for the max, ever since I got my brad nailer and now coiler and now stick nailer.... ( Made In Japan Ftw )

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
Wow...droppin' Hits' for Max's?

That says a lot.

I now the new Max won the most recent comparo in Tools of the Trade.

·
Feedin the geese
336 Posts
" qaulity goes in before the name goes on "

Max FRH stick nailer = Amazing .... have converted over all the hitachi's for the max, ever since I got my brad nailer and now coiler and now stick nailer.... ( Made In Japan Ftw )
have the max framer that 2ns gen is talking about. All my other stuff is hitachi. Been thinking about converting to max because my framer is soooooooooooooooooo nice. Never had a Jam

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
have the max framer that 2ns gen is talking about. All my other stuff is hitachi. Been thinking about converting to max because my framer is soooooooooooooooooo nice. Never had a Jam
They used to make Bostitch's nailers.

From what I heard, not all Max guns are being made in Japan anymore.

Some of it's production has been changed to China.

I have to try one out and see what all the hubbub is about.

:shifty:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts