Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I AM FRAMING AN ADDTION TO MY HOUSE I WILL BE WORKING ALONG SIDE OF MY CONTRACTOR I WANT TO PURCHASE A FRAMING NAILER PNEUMATIC TYPE SINCE I HAVE TWO AIR COPRESSORS AND 150' OF HOSE. I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL TYPES AND PRICE RANGES FROM WELL OVER 300. AND AS LOW AS 90-120 WHAT GIVES I AM LOOKING AT CENTRAL PNEUMATIC MODEL 92185-3VGA ANY BODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE GUNS THEY LOOK LIKE A KNOCK OFF OF THE SENCO BRAND ANY ADVICE I HAVE TWO PORTER CABLE 15 GA. AND 18 GA. FINISH NAILERS AND THEY WORK VERY WELL I WOULD LIKE A NAILER I COULD USE FOR FRAMING STICK BUILDING STUDS RATERS ECT ALSO PLYWOOD DECKS 2X6 PT DECKING FOR A PORCH AND ALSO USE IT TO INSTALL7/8 THICK ROUGH SAWN SIDING 1X10 BOARD AND BATTEN

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
I have the PC P350 Clipped Head Framing Nailer and it's a great nailer in my opinion. You'll get a variety of opinions here but ultimately the decision is up to you and what you want to spend.

By the way, and because it's your first post, you should know that you shouldn't use all CAPS here. It makes it hard to read and indicates you are yelling as opposed to just talking.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reguardless of what brand you choose you should make sure that the nails will fit both guns yours and your contractors so you dont have to by 2 different nails. I have 2 old Senco's that are so so but have used Paslode and Hitchia and feel they have more power.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have used the bostich, PC, and hitachi. The hitachi is the best in my opinion.

-old

ps i also used an old craftsman piece of garbage that used bostich nails...not really worth mentioning...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts