Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a fitting break off my nailers before and now that I have these 2 max nailers they both broke off inside the threads within a month of having them. To be fair the one I did today I can understand I don't think I could have dropped a joist more perfectly but the other one fell like 4' and broke off. I think that one was a cheaper fitting though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Better keep some Easy-outs in your toolbox.

Reactions: C2projects

·
Registered
13 Posts
C2projects said:
I've never had a fitting break off my nailers before and now that I have these 2 max nailers they both broke off inside the threads within a month of having them. To be fair the one I did today I can understand I don't think I could have dropped a joist more perfectly but the other one fell like 4' and broke off. I think that one was a cheaper fitting though.
should think about getting a better gun next time. Duur

·
Registered
852 Posts
Goto a hydraulic supply shop and get some good steel fittings. The brass ones are junk. I never thought I'd admit the amount of money I spend on air fittings. But the expensive 20$ each quick couples are worth the money. Depressing when you have 15 hoses at most times.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
frankpgosteli said:
it's the **** product you bought. Never in my life have I heard of your issue. It happened to you twice. Wtf buy better plugs
Look genius, as I stated it's not the gun. It's the fitting. I have no problem admitting that the fittings I bought were cheap. But to say it's the guns fault cause the fitting broke is dumb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
C2projects said:
Look genius, as I stated it's not the gun. It's the fitting. I have no problem admitting that the fittings I bought were cheap. But to say it's the guns fault cause the fitting broke is dumb.
yeah when I say plugs that means fittings Einstein

1 - 20 of 35 Posts