Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can use some help with pricing on framing in a new door.
It is going between a 40" opening.
I would have to install a pre-hung door, sheetrock, spackle and trim. :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
weekender said:
I can use some help with pricing on framing in a new door.
It is going between a 40" opening.
I would have to install a pre-hung door, sheetrock, spackle and trim. :eek:

Are you supplying the door ? Since you need to do some sheetrocking it sounds more involved than a standard install. In my area,Nj near philly. labor alone is 300-400. I would charge at least 400-450 just for the labor.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I charge a min of 400 just to remove and install a typical 3'0" prehung door in an existing opening ,this does not involve framing or reframing to install a larger door. For a unit with sidelights min of 500 and 600 min for a 6'0' french door. Sliding patio doors at least 800 as the frame and panel need to be assembled.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bergenbldr said:
I charge a min of 400 just to remove and install a typical 3'0" prehung door in an existing opening ,this does not involve framing or reframing to install a larger door. For a unit with sidelights min of 500 and 600 min for a 6'0' french door. Sliding patio doors at least 800 as the frame and panel need to be assembled.
Is that $400.00 U.S HOW LONG DOES THIS USUALLY TAKE? I think I need to move to your neck of the woods. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Kevin said:
Sweet Jesus I want to work in the US of A.

Your labour rates are WAY higher than ours.
Nows comes the part were i tell you my health insurance was costing 1300 dollars a month for a family of four, not a typo 1300 a month. Its not all gravy here in the US of A. I traded in our old policy for a high deductible policy but its still is almost 700 a month.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Bergen-

What company are you using for your insurance? I'm looking for a policy in NJ for a family of 4 as well. It seems that all the big companies (United Heatlhcare, Blue Cross, etc) are a PITA. Did you use a local company?

Bob

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bob Kovacs said:
Bergen-

What company are you using for your insurance? I'm looking for a policy in NJ for a family of 4 as well. It seems that all the big companies (United Heatlhcare, Blue Cross, etc) are a PITA. Did you use a local company?

Bob
Bob,our agent is milacki and woodward financial group (973)403-2200 they are located in roseland.The plan we went with is an aetna hmo plan with a $5000 per year out of pocket $30 copay and $500 dollar hospital copay.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bob Kovacs said:
Ouch! That's $14k a year in premiums, plus $5k deductible- $20k for insurance....that sucks.............

Bob
bob, the old plan was 15k in premiums,new plan is about 8k in premiums as long as no one gets sick or goes to the e.r. i save 7k.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yeah, and kids are so prone to "not getting sick" and "not going to the ER", right? lol. Seems like one of my two is at the doctor at least once a month- add my wife in there, and there's probably two visits a month.

Ugghhh.......

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Try calling your local NARI chapter and see if they have a "group" policy you can get in on by joining their chapter. I used to belong to NJ Remodelers Assoc. years ago and they had a group plan set up by one of the insurance agent members. Otherwise, maybe worthwhile for the wife to get a job just for the health plan considering the individual policy price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts