Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do a lot of framing anymore, but I have a couple of jobs coming up and I need to replace my framing gun. Am looking for one that will that a full round head nail. What are your recommendations.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
I bought a max a few months back. I have nothing but praise. Very quiet also.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I've got a Bostitch. Had it about 2 years, no problems yet. However, I don't do very much production framing. My main use for a framer is decks and nailing off sheeting.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I got a bostitch, max, and paslode. I find my paslode doesn't work very good in colder weather. The bostitch and the max work fine, but I've heard that the new bostitch isn't very good. I'd say I like my paslode the most when it's nice out.

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
I just got a Dewalt 20V max nailer...It's amazing to be able to bump fire on the cordless nailer...and no hoses or gas!! Bit heavy though. Battery life seems good driving 3-1/4. Lasted me just over a full day framing a 600 Sq Ft basement.

I never had any issues with my paslode until I started doing decks in March and November...The fuel doesn't like the cold.

That said...for bigger stuff - I like my Green goblin - aka the Hitachi...

·
Wormdrive Operator
3,318 Posts
I just got a Dewalt 20V max nailer...It's amazing to be able to bump fire on the cordless nailer...and no hoses or gas!! Bit heavy though. Battery life seems good driving 3-1/4. Lasted me just over a full day framing a 600 Sq Ft basement.

I never had any issues with my paslode until I started doing decks in March and November...The fuel doesn't like the cold.

That said...for bigger stuff - I like my Green goblin - aka the Hitachi...
You can bump fire with that thing??? How fast?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts