Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I have really done any frame work for man made stack stone and the block layer sayst to build walls with sheething flush with block and he will lay stone up the the wood and then install a metal drip edge from sheething to cap the stone. Not for sure if this is right? I know the stone is only like 2" thick. So when you guys frame for this type stone do you overhang your joist any or build flush? Plans do not give any info for the stone just picture. Thanks

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
We frame so that sheathing is flush to block.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks loneframer not alot of framers in my area to ask questions and I have alot of them. I like to get diffrent ideas before I begin a job.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Thanks loneframer not alot of framers in my area to ask questions and I have alot of them. I like to get diffrent ideas before I begin a job.
When we do cultured stone, the wall gets #30 felt paper, then stucco wire. The wire gets scratch coated, then the stone gets applied. I've been told that the scratch coat is important to prevent water infiltration. Some guys set the stone without the scratch coat.

·
Design Build
6,213 Posts
First time I have really done any frame work for man made stack stone and the block layer sayst to build walls with sheething flush with block and he will lay stone up the the wood and then install a metal drip edge from sheething to cap the stone. Not for sure if this is right? I know the stone is only like 2" thick. So when you guys frame for this type stone do you overhang your joist any or build flush? Plans do not give any info for the stone just picture. Thanks
you are asking a bunch of varied questions about your current project.......are you the Home Owner?

·
Design Build
6,213 Posts
I am just wondering
how you could have
bid this job correctly
without knowing how
to do everything
required of you
in the framing of the structure?

It just seems odd to me.
If I didn't know how to frame
for the stacked stone,
how would I know
how long that would take
me and what to bid that?

Neo was the first to call BS.
Way to have your radar in tune bro.

(Format in honor of your posting uniqueness)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts