Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a few more EXPERIENCED carpenters for a high end custom we are currently building in Malibu CA. Please only contact me if you are highly skilled and experienced; no apprentices or hacks are needed! You could start as soon as tomorrow. Contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Framerman,

My e-mail account for public display is [email protected] Easy to remember and spam is already labeled. If I gave out my personal e-mail on a public forum, who knows what would be in my inbox! But the job is for real, I pay well, we have 5 good guys, but could use a couple more. Just no drama... no lazy, inexperienced, blowhard, crybaby, I have all my tools but they are in storage in Oregon, What do you mean I did it wrong, we always single top plate and short nail where I come from... you know the guys that nobody wants. This job will last probably through the end of the year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes Framerman,

My e-mail account for public display is [email protected] Easy to remember and spam is already labeled. If I gave out my personal e-mail on a public forum, who knows what would be in my inbox! But the job is for real, I pay well, we have 5 good guys, but could use a couple more. Just no drama... no lazy, inexperienced, blowhard, crybaby, I have all my tools but they are in storage in Oregon, What do you mean I did it wrong, we always single top plate and short nail where I come from... you know the guys that nobody wants. This job will last probably through the end of the year.
still need a journeymen carpenter im a union worker but will do it as a side job what kind of roof are you building

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kjk66ss,

Thanks for the interest, but I'm looking for full time workers; not part time.

What do you do for the union? I've hired a few union workers in the past, but it seems that they aren't really well rounded. One might be great at concrete form setting, but nothing else. Another might only know how to straighten walls, not frame them.

I'm looking for the old school kind of framer. one who can start at the footings, and still know how to calculate a roof rafter. I think truss roofs were the end of skilled framing.

Lastly, I need the kind of guy that thinks as part of the team. I can't stand the "what have you done for me lately" employee. "you don't pay me enough to work that hard".

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for the reply..i did not word my last comment rite,i ment that i am a union worker but will work for you full time an told you i would do it as a side job so there wouldnt be any problems..i am excellent with footings,moderate with walls,an can calculate roof rafters the leangth,pitch

·
Registered
8 Posts
do you by chance build pools at all i worked a school job an there was a non union company building the pool an his name was mark miller

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mark. If you could use the help of a good finish carpenter shoot me a PM, I am in the LA area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts