Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this will end up being an ongoing thread for simple tips and tricks.

I'll kick it off:

How do you seal your glass to glass miter joints?
I usually install glass, run a bead of mildew resistant silicone up the inside then try to fill the rest from the outside without getting any bubbles.
Sometimes it works and looks great but sometimes it just horrid looking.
I've heard of some that do not use any silicone, but if there is a slight bow in the glass, it will create a void in the joint.
I know there is an easy way to do this but it just hasn't hit me yet.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Wow. Don't take this the wrong way, but your first post and you're asking us to give you tips?

I'll pass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. Wasn't expecting that.
Don't take this the wrong way, but what else is a forum for?
Are you asking me to float around for awhile, throw a couple of hundred posts out here and there to rack up my tally before I can start a thread?
I'm lost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thank you for the warm welcome Brian!
I'll do that in a bit.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Wow. Wasn't expecting that.
Don't take this the wrong way, but what else is a forum for?
Are you asking me to float around for awhile, throw a couple of hundred posts out here and there to rack up my tally before I can start a thread?
I'm lost.
Maybe at least a couple posts. However, ignore my previous A-hole post, mostly anyway. I'm having a really, really bad day.

This is a great place to get info and share info, however, it is also a great place for people to come in and take our hard earned skills and run, so folks tend to like to see who a guy is first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK I can see that.
I'm not planning on going anywhere. This looks like a great forum I stumbled on.
I'll fill in my info soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts