Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Texas-Remodel.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 Framed, 1 frame-less.. Shower Enclosures by: Texas Remodel

Here are two completed bathroom remodels. Both include custom shower enclosure based upon cultured marble. Custom glass, mirrors, granite and tile. Yes the down stair is only semi frame-less..The upstairs bath has sliding glass doors so it has to have a header track system. We refer to the lack of edge framing. Sorry for the confusion.
Regards,
Texas Remodel

Attachments

·
Coming out of the closet
104 Posts
What is that frame around your frame-less shower? Huh.... here in California frame-less means without a frame.....(walking off puzzled).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think this has become a marketing statement. I notice Kohler has many "Frameless" doors that have headers like above. I think they are refering to the lack of edgeframing on the glass. Seems like a bending of words.....

·
Texas-Remodel.com
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
California is bankrupt

What is that frame around your frame-less shower? Huh.... here in California frame-less means without a frame.....(walking off puzzled).
We can do completely frame-less enclosures at the customers request, but this is what we market from a cost perspective. Most of our clients want a middle road between cost and aesthetics. We meet those requirements in this application. That is the difference in the mind set between Texas and California overwhelmingly. Texas is Conservative by all means. I did in haste write the post incorrectly. My apologies.

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. "

It is unfortunate that you seem so reactive. (Walking away with a sigh "Queer(PC=Homosexual Drama Queen") ....Step back in the closet.

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
I would call those semi frame less like the kohler one with doors with no metal but a header. How much do they run juct a range would fine curious as to area to area.

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
We can do completely frame-less enclosures at the customers request, but this is what we market from a cost perspective. Most of our clients want a middle road between cost and aesthetics. We meet those requirements in this application. That is the difference in the mind set between Texas and California overwhelmingly. Texas is Conservative by all means. I did in haste write the post incorrectly. My apologies.

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error. "

It is unfortunate that you seem so reactive. (Walking away with a sigh "Queer(PC=Homosexual Drama Queen") ....Step back in the closet.
Can anyone please explain WTF this guy is talking about? Puzzled=homosexual?

by the way they are semi frameless doors here on the east coast also

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
The only thing we call a true frameless enclosure is a "Euro Style" glass, it can have a header depending on the configuration, but only for stability. The real difference is the thickness of the glass between Euro and everything else and the hard ware of the hinges.

Texas is very different then around here, those pictures would be the before shots here, they all look like they were built in the 80-90s.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
The company I get my glass from does true frameless. The only time that we use a U channel is when we are going to a drywall ceiling.
That being said, if a header system is needed, and they are sometimes, it adds about $450.00 to the job.

·
Coming out of the closet
104 Posts
Sorry you took my post the wrong way. With my company I am fortunate enough to work in some very nice homes so I see the high end shower enclosures, this is why I questioned your post.
Glad I was able to educate you on your products, way to man up and fix yourself.
And thank you for your offer but I only play with girls.:w00t:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts