Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Civil / Structural PE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This website is awesome and I don't want to misuse it. The question is, what's the best way to get information out there?

I have a lot of really useful info to share in the form of short articles, like the one I just posted on cutting trusses. Should that have been an "Article" or was it appropriate as a Forum thread? I already have a blog on my home site so don't really want another one here. But maybe I should?

Does anyone read the "Articles" or Blogs on this site?

Thanks!

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
No.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,205 Posts
we have blogs?
Don't worry, Warren, they're not [very] contagious.

I have a lot of really useful info to share in the form of short articles, like the one I just posted on cutting trusses. Should that have been an "Article" or was it appropriate as a Forum thread?
You'll most likely get much more exposure, as well as stimulate discussion, by posting threads. The caveat there would be that you'd be expected to be willing to discuss and explain.

If you'd rather just write it and be done with it, a blog post would be the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Don't worry, Warren, they're not [very] contagious.

You'll most likely get much more exposure, as well as stimulate discussion, by posting threads. The caveat there would be that you'd be expected to be willing to discuss and explain.

If you'd rather just write it and be done with it, a blog post would be the way to go.
Yeah, dont post and run. There is too many of those already. It's nice to be able to challenge the author on points that need clarification.
It's good for all involved.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For my .02, I think that an engineer posting on this site, and sharing info and concerns could be good for all. There are plenty of engineers that give no real thought to how is that going to go in the field, and also plenty of people in the trades that miss some important items from outside their area. However, from what I see, there are lots of very experienced and informed people on this site, so the ones that need a talking to might miss the talking if they are not here.

·
Civil / Structural PE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. I'll continue to post my stuff in the Forum only - it seems like this is the most likely place for posts to be read. And so far only one person has suggested the blog, so I don't think too many folks object.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts