Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,211 Posts
Good blades. I like them more than Tenryu, both good blades.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
30,002 Posts
Except for two Freud rip blades, they are all I own/use. They have a great sharpening service also for blades, router bits, etc.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,599 Posts
All of the ones I own burn on the left side of the blade. They are OK.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I just got one for Christmas, haven't used it too much yet but when I have it sure was nicer than my Freud blades

·
Punching above his weight
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, keep in mind I'm new to the realm of quality blades. I borrowed my father's saw and it had one of these on it. I was pretty blown away as I've probably never spent a third of what that blade costs. Hell, I know for a fact that blade costs more than my saw. hah
To somebody who is used to bottom rung, this was an eye opener.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,572 Posts
Yeah, keep in mind I'm new to the realm of quality blades. I borrowed my father's saw and it had one of these on it. I was pretty blown away as I've probably never spent a third of what that blade costs. Hell, I know for a fact that blade costs more than my saw. hah
To somebody who is used to bottom rung, this was an eye opener.
What kind of bottom rung are we talking here?

·
Punching above his weight
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly I don't even know what's on my chop box right now. Probably an Avanti or a Marathon or something on that price tier. I don't know if that's exactly bottom rung, but it's certainly nowhere close to $100+ for a blade.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have 2 forest blades. Expensive but worth it. I have them sharpened by the same guy that does all my other blades. But he does an awesome job.

·
GC/carpenter
44,204 Posts
So did I phuck up by choosing Tenryu instead of Forrest? I don't know this answer because I don't own a Forrest.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Check out Ridge Carbide. I am hearing they are just as good if not better than Forest. They have their own sharpening service also. I'm planning on giving them a shot when things get rollin this spring.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,599 Posts
two different saws of mine and then a friend had the same issue.

·
Registered
9,832 Posts
Check out Ridge Carbide. I am hearing they are just as good if not better than Forest. They have their own sharpening service also. I'm planning on giving them a shot when things get rollin this spring.
They are close in quality, I have had both I prefer Forrest. All table & miter saws have them, you cant use table saw blade on miter saw and vice versa.
You really have to see the cut of one of their blades to see how well they work. When cutting cherry you can stop halfway through the cut and there is no burning at all

Oddly enough both companies are less than 10 miles apart here in NJ

1 - 20 of 32 Posts