Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved from General Discussion.

Hey I've got a couple questions that hopefully some people can help me with. I'm currently trying to get my CofQ and I strictly just do scaffolding. The commercial concrete section has been kicking my butt when I do write. A couple questions I couldn't find online or in any book.

1) What is the last thing to do to the forms before taking the slings off? Undo the top or bottom clasp? Leave 1 rebar/tie in for support?

2) When connecting 2 forms what is the last connection you do before releasing it. Undo the top or bottom? Undo the brace?

3) What goes on directly before the ply deck? The stringer or the joist?

4) What is the order for setting up columns, walls, beams and girders?

5) Not a formwork question, but when doing a monolithic pour and cutting the beam and the slab, where do you cut them? Even at the top? Even at the bottom? If at the top, is the exterior or interior or both.

If anyone can lend a hand I'd be greatly appreciative. I've failed twice now getting 69 and needing 70 to pass....

·
Forming and Framing
6,273 Posts
Moved from General Discussion.

Hey I've got a couple questions that hopefully some people can help me with. I'm currently trying to get my CofQ and I strictly just do scaffolding. The commercial concrete section has been kicking my butt when I do write. A couple questions I couldn't find online or in any book.

1) What is the last thing to do to the forms before taking the slings off? Undo the top or bottom clasp? Leave 1 rebar/tie in for support?

2) When connecting 2 forms what is the last connection you do before releasing it. Undo the top or bottom? Undo the brace?

3) What goes on directly before the ply deck? The stringer or the joist?

4) What is the order for setting up columns, walls, beams and girders?

5) Not a formwork question, but when doing a monolithic pour and cutting the beam and the slab, where do you cut them? Even at the top? Even at the bottom? If at the top, is the exterior or interior or both.

If anyone can lend a hand I'd be greatly appreciative. I've failed twice now getting 69 and needing 70 to pass....
The stringers are the supports for the joists, ply sits on joists.
Columns and shear walls first, followed by beams and slab forms.
Not exactly sure what the first 2 are referring to (crane set forms of some kind) But it would make sense to me at least to secure the top first, the bottoms are less likely to move then the tops.

·
Registered
544 Posts
john_carpainter said:
Moved from General Discussion. Hey I've got a couple questions that hopefully some people can help me with. I'm currently trying to get my CofQ and I strictly just do scaffolding. The commercial concrete section has been kicking my butt when I do write. A couple questions I couldn't find online or in any book. 1) What is the last thing to do to the forms before taking the slings off? Undo the top or bottom clasp? Leave 1 rebar/tie in for support? 2) When connecting 2 forms what is the last connection you do before releasing it. Undo the top or bottom? Undo the brace? 3) What goes on directly before the ply deck? The stringer or the joist? 4) What is the order for setting up columns, walls, beams and girders? 5) Not a formwork question, but when doing a monolithic pour and cutting the beam and the slab, where do you cut them? Even at the top? Even at the bottom? If at the top, is the exterior or interior or both. If anyone can lend a hand I'd be greatly appreciative. I've failed twice now getting 69 and needing 70 to pass....
1 before I take my slings off I make sure the form is braced, connected and then tied. If it's not tied the form will blow over and crush you so the answer is tied.
2 are you talking about stripping the form by chance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts