Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone out there please give me some help.i need the formula to bidding framed walls for fl.is it per sq.ft. per wall or sq.ft. of house.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Please refer to the archives as this subject has been covered often.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Go to home Depot or a better super store :rolleyes: and buy the means book. It's in the contractor book section. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
bidding single car detached garage ?

I would like to get an idea what to charge someone for a single car detached garage.location is southeastern pennsylvania. The structure will be 2x4 framed ,cedar siding basic 9 ft opening for garage door ,2 windows openings 3ftx5ft windows installed leave out the actual cost of the materials on the windows and doors only.I will se installing 30yr arch shingles on a 4 sided hip roof . Garage would be 25 wide by 20 deep.Just want a ballpark figure compared to simular jobs Thanks acey

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ran into the same problem myself when I went out on my own, and nobody wanted to tell either. Most guys price by the square foot but trying to price by the hour can work well to. Start around $5 sq/ft for a box with easy roof then go up and up. Best of luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the best tool for estimating is you own experience. when i got to the point i was a damn good framer and becoming a good carpenter i was lucky enough to have an excellant mentor. he told me to start keeping a log of what we did each day for bidding purposes, nothing fancy-- frame for 4 hrs / pick up 4 hrs etc. you have no idea how handy that book is now. at this point if i do something new i log in any little tricks. its like a personal encyclopedia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts