Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A company called contractor manegment said they have leads for bank owned foreclosures. I pay 99 dollars for a background check then they send me free leads is this a fraud? Does anybody have any feedback

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't know if it's a fraud or not. Usually the banks have real estate agents handle getting contractors to provide quotes and do the work. If you do it be prepared to do 100% financing for the job and to wait for your money when done. A lot of banks will try to get you to give them a lien release before you start the project also.

I don't think I would pay a lead company anything for those types of leads. If you want to do that kind of work cut out the middle man and go straight to the sources.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
contractor managment said the 99 dollars is just for a background check that is required by the banks I dont pay for leads, they also said I would get paid every two weeks for whatever projects I have done buy a certain day and there is no bidding its already priced off of the going prices in the surrounding area. I dont know what do you guys think

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
contractor managment said the 99 dollars is just for a background check that is required by the banks I dont pay for leads, they also said I would get paid every two weeks for whatever projects I have done buy a certain day and there is no bidding its already priced off of the going prices in the surrounding area. I dont know what do you guys think
Sounds like a red flag right there to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts