Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Yeah,those are some pretty cool whistles and bells they are offering.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Back in the day when the t100/hi-lux was about, the Toyota's were the vehicle to have. I wouldn't listen to one advertisement on TV about them being best selling, Best quality, Best warranty and so on because they swing the numbers to make it look like they are the best. Dodge are also a nightmere for doing the same thing. Toyota also have a lot to learn about building a tuff truck. The tundra has been a heap off Crap ever since it's release and it seems they are never going to learn. Tailgate problems, Bed bounce problems, rust problems, Diff problems, throttle problems, brake problems, panel warp problems, Interior quality problems and so on. A guy i know has one and it's not stoped falling apart. He looks after it as well. But what i have noticed is most guys on this forum own Fords. They are a proven reliable trucks and the trucks are always voted truck of the year year in year out. They must be doing something right. It's the main reason i bought a F150 over any other brand.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
If you think the Ford Work Solutions is nice, the new 2011 Super Dutys are expected to have standard digital dash displays.

I'm mostly excited to see the new diesel.
To a lesser degree the new gas motor too.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I sincerely hope they dont fall into the same problem that has plauged GM for decades with all this additional electronic add on's since one little glitch in any one of the hundreds of components/sensors needed will send the rig straight to the shop...this is why i believe Ford, other than having kept with the theme of building a truck for work type applications, but lack of electronics has been one issue that has helped them stay out of the shops for piddly garbage that domino's and creates a whole mess of problems due to one sensor somewhere going goofy.

Hard to argue with Ford's chasis toughness, hence why they're the tool of choice for fleets that see hard usage, but i'm just worried that succombing to the wishes of the soccer dad's that buy trucks for the sake of feelin manly it's going to compromise their reputation as THE tough platform to buy which can handle the abuse dished out by the folks who actually USE these trucks for a purpose other than grocery shopping and taking the kids to practice:laughing: I can understand marketing to that sort of end user since they out number guys like us that see trucks as a tool used to generate money vs "just" transporation....am now nervious their stepping into the model GM established for their el camino's that they pass off as pick up's:furious:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tax Dollars

Good to see your looking at the Ford. GM has recieved 3 billion Canadian tax payer dollars. US contributed 6 billion. GM should be giving us vehicles. I see the CEO of GM stepped down, i.e., was fired. About freakin time.

PS: This was a 3 beer post

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
One good bump in the road causing something to jar loose and it's back to the shop:censored::censored: No Thank You.

I wouldnt be so sure. Fords are built nothing like Chevy's or Dodge so dont expect them to have the problems they have. The Fords are much more realible than the other big 2 which is the reason they didnt need the bailout. They make realible vehicles people want. Not over complicated, Ugly plastic boxes on wheels. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts