Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have an ancient Pioneer unit (80-P) and I believe the fan limit switch has failed (the fan only comes on when I tap it). It has had a good run, being dated 11-59, so I think it's worth trying to repair than replace the entire furnace.
I've been trying to find an aftermarket replacement for the part (AF-310), and the closest I can find is a Cam-Stat part #L36-140.
Is this an appropriate replacement part or might there be something better? Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For future searches: yes, the cam-stat part works perfectly, however their part number is F47-3TD-120-25C, the other part number is a parts house number. Cheers!

·
Professional Contractor
7 Posts
fan limit

Any will work as long as the probe is the same length, it has a on and off cam or setting, and of course the most important is the limit setting.
Contacts should be rated for the max amp draw of your blower fan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
53 years old. Probably a gas hog.
I'm in SoCal where there is no winter. I do value efficiency of course but my bill is usually below $50. New furnaces look like toys compared to this thing.. ugly, multi colored steel, and a helluva track record. I'm not positive the new ones will give me 55 years + lol...

·
Access Heating & Air
82 Posts
ALLTIME805 said:
I'm in SoCal where there is no winter. I do value efficiency of course but my bill is usually below $50. New furnaces look like toys compared to this thing.. ugly, multi colored steel, and a helluva track record. I'm not positive the new ones will give me 55 years + lol...
Good point there!
www.accessheating.com

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Whenever I have looked the nameplates on those behemoths, the input versus output usually are still 80%
Yep, steady state will either be 78 or 80%. but that is steady state efficiency. As in running for hours on end. AFUE will be around 55%. AFUE is cycling efficiency. the way most furnaces run for the majority of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts