Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
That is Cool. $369 for the bare tool If it works as well as their 18V trimmers it is a good reason to go 20 V DW.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
makita already had a framing gun that was based on the paslode impulse.. it had quite a few issues with it.. such as them exploding do to a weird relay on the butane which caused the butane tanks to blow up.. ask canning about it someone he knows had it happen to them

·
Registered
541 Posts
Senco also has a bunch of finish nailers that run on batteries only, I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a framer soon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just borrowed my friends senco fusion 18ga again. It's great and annoying. Nothing but batteries is so great but the gun itself is kinda weak. Annoying 3 sec lockout, poor safety nose (IMO), cheap plasticy feel.

It's as thought they could come out with a second generation and they'd be great.

For a framer the dewalt looks to be quite small. Almost as small as their finishers. Maybe they're using a different technology and can shrink their finishers. If so if buy a fleet of them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do want, will wait to see how she holds up....now I have to see what else they have for the 20V
DeWalt's site isn't set up quite as nice as Milwaukee's in my opinion. It's a bit harder to find stuff. Here's a direct link to DeWalt's 20v line: click

If I had to do it over again, I'm not sure if I would go DeWalt or Milwaukee. I like different tools in both lines. I have almost every other tool in the 20v line though and am really happy with them. The batteries are a huge improvement over the old stem packs.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
The thing that will get me is the 2 pounds of extra weight, I'm a wimp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts