Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

For the DeWalt fans...

3268 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TBFGhost
The 20v Framing nailer is now available: click
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I hate Dewalt... But that's cool, I hope Makita copies it.
That is Cool. $369 for the bare tool If it works as well as their 18V trimmers it is a good reason to go 20 V DW.
Reactions: Metro M & L
do want, will wait to see how she holds up....now I have to see what else they have for the 20V
I have switched to the 20v line and am very happy. Only18v I still use are the trim guns. Hope they go to 20 soon
makita already had a framing gun that was based on the paslode impulse.. it had quite a few issues with it.. such as them exploding do to a weird relay on the butane which caused the butane tanks to blow up.. ask canning about it someone he knows had it happen to them
The dewalt is the first to not use fuel
Senco also has a bunch of finish nailers that run on batteries only, I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a framer soon.
I just borrowed my friends senco fusion 18ga again. It's great and annoying. Nothing but batteries is so great but the gun itself is kinda weak. Annoying 3 sec lockout, poor safety nose (IMO), cheap plasticy feel.

It's as thought they could come out with a second generation and they'd be great.

For a framer the dewalt looks to be quite small. Almost as small as their finishers. Maybe they're using a different technology and can shrink their finishers. If so if buy a fleet of them.
DeWalt's site isn't set up quite as nice as Milwaukee's in my opinion. It's a bit harder to find stuff. Here's a direct link to DeWalt's 20v line: click

If I had to do it over again, I'm not sure if I would go DeWalt or Milwaukee. I like different tools in both lines. I have almost every other tool in the 20v line though and am really happy with them. The batteries are a huge improvement over the old stem packs.
do want, will wait to see how she holds up....now I have to see what else they have for the 20V
The thing that will get me is the 2 pounds of extra weight, I'm a wimp.
I'm a dewalt fan . But can't put my paslode down for a dewalt framer .
Almost 10 pounds with battery and fully loaded with nails. Wow
Yeah.... exactly...I will never use a battery only/flywheel designed nail gun. They are akwardly large and heavy. The Paslodes/Bostitchs work just fine...
Almost 10 pounds with battery and fully loaded with nails. Wow
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.