Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Hey guys, just getting back from a long day of contractor work. I'm a series D apprentice, so just learning the ropes. Thanks for all the help.
I would like to hear the whole story also.

OP is an apprentice and maybe(????) his boss did this and OP knows it's crap work?

Giving OP benefit of the doubt here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was roughing in a kitchen and laundry and had to take a pic of this. I asked the concrete guys and they said it makes the wall stronger. I'm no expert but that didn't seem right to me. Interested in your thoughts and at the very least figured it'd give you a good laugh.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,255 Posts
I was roughing in a kitchen and laundry and had to take a pic of this. I asked the concrete guys and they said it makes the wall stronger. I'm no expert but that didn't seem right to me. Interested in your thoughts and at the very least figured it'd give you a good laugh.
The missing concrete makes it stronger?? :confused1:

O....Kaaay.........:whistling

·
Eater of sins.
4,406 Posts
You were roughing in the bath and such?

What is your real trade then, plumber, electrician carpenter?

You can be either one and ask questions about anything you see and will get respectful answers from the gorillas here. Well, maybe not a if your a plumber but any other trade is good.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Our "cement" Trucks have vacumn pumps to blow the cement powder into the towers at the Concrete ready mix plants.....

the funny looking trailers with nipples are called Pigs, and the industry still sizes them by the number of barrels they hold of powder..

Reactions: rustyjames
21 - 38 of 38 Posts