Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their link shows up in the google sponsered adds at the top of the page.
They say they specialize in contractors websites.

If you click on it you can sign up for a free website analasis. I did it this morning and already got the email. They have a good presentation and the price is certainly right. They told me all the things that were wrong with my site, even gave me a breakdown of what my competition here in milwaukee is doing as far as SEO goes, and some guidelines as to beating them in the rankings.

What I want to know is has anyone here ever used them or heard anything about them? I'm going to search around their site to see if they have any examples.

I'm sure this thread will generate their add.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
$64/month....but you have to switch everything over to them, I assume? I wouldn't mind having some of the features, etc...but I want to be able to access and edit content as well, and would also like to keep the unlimited emial accounts, etc that I have now. Wonder how much they charge to do it without taking over your hosting, or if you can do that??

I submitted my site for their analysis as well, but unless I can keep ahold of my own hosting, etc. I doubt I'll use them.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AAPaint said:
$64/month....but you have to switch everything over to them, I assume? I wouldn't mind having some of the features, etc...but I want to be able to access and edit content as well, and would also like to keep the unlimited emial accounts, etc that I have now. Wonder how much they charge to do it without taking over your hosting, or if you can do that??

I submitted my site for their analysis as well, but unless I can keep ahold of my own hosting, etc. I doubt I'll use them.
The price they gave me was for a one time thing. It sounds like they can take over your site or redesign it and optimize it once and give it back to you to maintain.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Humble Abode said:
The price they gave me was for a one time thing. It sounds like they can take over your site or redesign it and optimize it once and give it back to you to maintain.
Ahh! I didn't receive the evaluation....I only read their first offer. If it's like you say I will definitely be interested! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I spoke with Aaron from Footbridge earlier today. They are going to start advertising with us soon. They seem to have some great solutions for contractors.

Maybe we can set up some special offer for ContractorTalk.com members.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
Their SEO practices are questionable or they are illegal with Google.
I guess Google's software will eventually catch-up with that and your site
is banished from Google.
At this website:
http://www.windowquoteusa.com/los_angeles_home_improvement.html
they have links linking to within the site.
Click on any of the areas they serve and you link to the same page.
The only thing different is the name of the location.
They are cheating the search engines to get clicks (Black Hat).
Remember you don't want clicks, you want customers.
Being unethical and wasting your visitor's time with useless text
is not the sort of thing you want to do.
Spamming the search engines won't hurt them,
it will only screw you as it is your site.
Who knows what else they would do if Spam is their practice.
In Toronto for example SE positioning is like war. You 'll get
reported enough times to be banished. You arer playing with
fire trying to cheat Google.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi George,

I was not going to respond to any of the posts, since I work with FootBridge, and did not want to appear as if I was promoting them, but when someone calls our consultant’s method’s “black hat”, and states that we only create sites that generate visitors and not customers, I felt the need to respond.

Our sites do not simply contain a company’s local, but has more content on the site of the client’s products and services then most companies, thus defeating of just getting visitors. Our sites contain more content and information for the consumer then their competitors. Our belief is to educate the visitor, not simply get the visitor.

We do not just say our clients do “exterior painting”, but rather go into the process, explain the product and give enough consumer information so they can make an educated decision on the service or product they are looking for. That is why we only specialize in the Home Improvement Industry. Please view the entire content of the site that you mentioned or any of our client’s sites and you will see this.

Each of our client’s sites has an education center that contains articles, newsletters and information for visitors to get. Each service they offered describes it in detail so the visitor can get enough information about the company and products they offer. Education is key in this industry when getting new clients.

In regards to your “Black Hat” comment, that method is NOT illegal with Google. They would be illegal with Google if we submitted each web page of our client’s sites, which we do not. We actually do not submit to Google, but rather are testing a BETA program that they are using.

The creation of Local SEO within your site to describe the “Areas That We Serve” has been around in the past 8 years. Major corporations have built extremely large sites and made millions doing this one specific tactic, i.e. Service Magic, Respond, Lending Tree, City Search, etc. But that is ONE PERCENT of our services. If you reviewed the entire site, like a visitor would, you would see an in-depth consumer information on services, products and selections that benefit the consumer regardless if they use our client or not.

Also since our programs are a monthly management, we actually add more content to the actual pages that you state are irrelevant, for example Los Angeles Home Improvement.

Websites are constantly growing things and cannot be designed once and left alone. That is the problem with most small company websites. Websites need fresh content each and every month, so they continue to grow and compete with the online competition. Service Magic, Respond do not appear above the local contractor because their site is more relevant, but rather because they have more content. We are trying to create sites for the local contractor to focus on their locality and their services so that the small contractor in can compete online with the big corporations.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call our office and any one of our consultants would love to debate SEO practices with you.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
Also looking to some of their sites,
it reminds me of going to a department store and being
viciously attacked by annoying salesmen that won't go away.
There is linking overkill and navigation would be very confusing
to most people. Stay in one of these sites a bit, pretend you are
one of your prospects and you may find it busy, loud and you are
given nothing of substance, just primitive sales talk.

That is my opinion of course.

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
http://www.remodelingremedies.com/Michigan_Remodeling/West_Bloomfield_remodeling.html

How does this make sense to anyone visiting?
Now click any of the locations and the same mess
repeats with the location being the only difference.
I know it is software generated and you have no control but
that's exactly my point. Consumers are intelligent these days and they
want substance, which the above mentioned is not.
Calling something educational does not make it educational.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts