Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
General Contractor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to one of their sale Representative. He seem to be very nice guy and did spend some time with me over the phone. Before I sign up with them I would like to know some of you that used them. Are you getting the leads worth paying for? At $125 a month is cheap compare to what I paid at local paper advertisement.
LT
G.C Worcester MA

·
Remodeling GC
2,748 Posts
I have a footbridge site and for my business it is still the best investment I have made. It is a cheap way to direct people to your company and maximize their visit. :thumbsup:

·
Proprietor
1,847 Posts
I forget the gentleman's name I spoke to, but I emailed them about 2 years ago, when I didn't know much about HTML 4 Transitional but thought I knew everything about graphic design. The foofbright medium representative asked me "who designed your logo" before he asked who designed my website. I explained it was a "C" as in Cupan, surrounding a clover from Ireland, that has a tile stem and an accent "clip" in diamond pattern between the grout line of the letter c.
I think he disqualified me as a customer due to fact I was too detail-orriented.
Maybe he or one of his cronies can explain why he told me on November 6, 2006 that my site, www.CupanTileAndPaint.com "won't ever make it to top of Google rank for the term 'tile contractor'; not even the first page".

Here's why I chose to design my contractor site on own

Google SERP as of 090102 @ 0532

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
This week Footbridge told me they wouldn't take my business. Citing another contractor in my vicinity was already their client.
Twin Cities,MN.
Their SEO is very good, but I believe anyone can do as well.
You can buy newsletters all over the internet, call to action buttons are free for the asking. They have a great product, but you can do it yourself.
I would rather pay $125 a month to have them do it, but there are other equally talented people who will do the same thing.
If you google "kitchen bath twin cities" I come up first, I did that myself knowing nothing about SEO. Now I have learned a little and can communicate better with an SEO partner.
Footbridge is very good, but so are a lot of other people in this business.
Their sites are kind of cookie cutter looking, but they work. Just copy the style and you will do about the same, except for one thing
-They use their own site to promote yours- so hitch your wagon to a referring site somehow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
lt142,

I think you will be very happy.

Aaron did my site and it went live in may of 08. As of Late Nov, Early Dec I hit the top 3 on page 1 of google for my most important keywords. And Im in the Milwaukee, WI area so its a reasonably large market.

Aaron is also extremely responsive to my requests and makes changes/updates for me regularly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mattcoops that must be the luck of the Irish or a deal with the Devil .But first page out of over 4 million must be both. Very good job,you must be a smart Harp.If you ever come to Boston I will buy you a Drink.

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
Mattcoops that must be the luck of the Irish or a deal with the Devil .But first page out of over 4 million must be both. Very good job,you must be a smart Harp.If you ever come to Boston I will buy you a Drink.
You are on the first page for window contractor!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do they charge $125 for website and SEO to get you in the top 10. If thats the case then that is a great deal.

Yeah, I pay $125 a month and that is for the site and SEO and continued website management. I think its a pretty good deal to get in the top 3 for my biggest keywords.

....now if I could just figure out how to get tops in Google Local for the large local cities in my vicinity. Im tops for my suburb but want to be in some others instead.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Even though I offer some similar services, I have only good things to say about Footbridge Media.

I have thoroughly critiqued a lot of Footbridge websites, and they have all been far more advanced and effective than your average small business website.

Their sites rank well, they are designed to convert visitors, and Footbridge keeps them updated like a good website company should.

Also, I've talked to Aaron on the phone and over email, and he knows his stuff. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
You are on the first page for window contractor!
But dougchips thats only out of 1 million,as you know first page out 4 million not easy.This guy looks like he did it with a hand full of links, maybe its voodoo.
And I will note you are number #1 on Replacement window contractor good job.Maybe we go after Tile Contractor lol.

·
Dave from Macatawa
277 Posts
Foot Bridge Media and Ideas?

I am new to CT and have to make a late change in life due to some bad decisions in the Michigan economy. Basically starting over in a new market but I am sure that all will work out.

I called Foot Bridge and they do only have specific trades in specific towns available. I can respect that. I read all the positives from other CT members re Foot Bridge. I checked some of their listed remodeling contractors and did not find them on the first five or so pages on Google. That concerns me. I searched using "remodel city" "remodeling contractor city" "city remodel company" and some other words. Interestingly, after I typed in the exact website of the FB customer, then that site started coming up on the first two pages.

So I am asking, what are the other options besides Foot Bridge? I have a website written on FrontPage 2003, domain name purchased, and now it is time to pick a hosting service and someone for SEO.

I appreciate any help and have enjoyed reading on CT.

dave weber

·
Registered
288 Posts
Was it a new website? Keep in mind, SEO takes time.

The beautiful thing about online marketing is this: Your keywords ARE your market.

In most marketing activities we do not have this luxury. That's the beauty of SEO, it's all measurable. You know exactly how many people are searching for each of your keywords, per day/month/year.

So, you target the keywords that get real traffic. Period.

The great thing is that the average contractor's market is very attainable.

On a recent project, it took me less than 4 months to get to the top of the first page of Google for a set of keywords that gets over 275 searches per day, with over 15 to 30 million competing pages and sites.

So far, I haven't run into a single set of keywords for a contractor in a local market that is even close to half that competitive.

Here's how you check your market:

Fool around with Google's keyword tool, and find the set of keywords for your market and your industry that gets the most searches per month.

Then, type those words into Google and look at the top right to see the number of competing pages (it will say "Results 1-10 of about x,xxx,xxx" for example.)

If it's less than 1 million, you should be able to make progress in 2 or 3 months if you have full control over your website.

If anyone wants a report to use as a guide for how to achieve results quickly, just PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I signed up with FootBridge Media less then one year ago and I got around $200,000 worth of work from them so far. I get anywhere from 4 - 10 leads per month but for some reason my closing ratio is very high from these customers.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I am new to CT and have to make a late change in life due to some bad decisions in the Michigan economy. Basically starting over in a new market but I am sure that all will work out.

I called Foot Bridge and they do only have specific trades in specific towns available. I can respect that. I read all the positives from other CT members re Foot Bridge. I checked some of their listed remodeling contractors and did not find them on the first five or so pages on Google. That concerns me. I searched using "remodel city" "remodeling contractor city" "city remodel company" and some other words. Interestingly, after I typed in the exact website of the FB customer, then that site started coming up on the first two pages.

So I am asking, what are the other options besides Foot Bridge? I have a website written on FrontPage 2003, domain name purchased, and now it is time to pick a hosting service and someone for SEO.

I appreciate any help and have enjoyed reading on CT.

dave weber
Didn't your registrar have hosting? If you've already built the site, Just publish it. GD hosting is around $4.-$5. a month. Maybe less. Your SEO is your keywords and your ability to make changes daily.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts