Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to understand the difference between Close and Open cell Foam Insulation, one dealer told me that you cannot install close cell in an occupied house
Can someone help in explaining the difference and when use one vs. the other?
The house located in Atlanta, GA
My customer is interesting in placing additional insulation in his attic as the existing insulation does not satisfy his needs; Site has 6” blown insulation on floor and VERY high attic with new shingles install last month. I would like to offer him Foam Spray insulation to better seal the house and achieve better energy savings

·
Sean
5,534 Posts
Hmmm no intro, no location (in the profile), no website, is the company real?

It appears you might be legit, so I will be nice - the Ice:censored:nyne rep is lying to you - plain & simple (Go ahead - please tell me I am wrong & that it is a different company)

Pull a quick search (first blue bar under the logo above) - use the words closed cell or Demilic / with my user name & read through those threads first. You might also want to check out the Building Sciences web pages on it.

If you still have questions / want to participate more in this forum - throw together a quick intro & flesh out your profile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops Sorry for the non intro and missing info – New to this site …corrected somehow and will add info as I go
You are 100% correct this is the dealer's rep that told me about the open and closed cell ...
I am still researching the issue as I want to make sure that the house will be able to “breath” after sealing the attic
I do have the impression that that Closed Cell is what I want to use…

·
Registered
22 Posts
as far as differences of spray foam I would recommend visiting E:zero Solutions, just do a search online for 'ezero foam' to really help in the understanding of the different products and their best suited applications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts