Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

I need you to check me out. I Blast big tanks and cars. I have done everything I can for start ups. I want new friends that do the same. Thanks PA

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So my buddy wasn't too hot on the idea of me using his compressor to do jobs aside from our trucks. I found a Joy 150cfm unit for cheap, it needed LOTS of work. I tried starting it and it locked up. Took the compressor section off the motor, tried the starter, still locked up. Got the flywheel to turn backwards and hit the starter button again, its free! Next I installed the plugs and wires, no fire. Upon further investigation, no spark. The coil was not getting juice. I jumped the coil+ to the jumper cable+, sprayed some either, hit the starter and she fired up and run for 20-30 seconds. I have no time to work on her till Sunday. I will report back shortly after. Things are looking up! I might do some side jobs after all. Its about time some of the stuff I have for my hobby starts to generate some revenue!

:clap:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok, the air comp. I got is a Joy G150S. It says "quiet power" on it. I have done alot of searching and found nill for an owner's manual and service manual for the machine. Anyone able to help out or send me in a good direction to read up on these units? (hehe, you said UNIT!)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts