Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You bought a USED Blast Hood???????????? Not a good practice Sir. Put that hood on and you might as well French Kiss the person that has been wearing it. PLEASE take it fully apart and disenfect it very good. One blast shop a couple years ago had half of their men to come down with TB due to the practice of sharing blast hoods. Now they buy a new hood for every man and it belongs to him and him only. Us blasters cough in them, sneeze in them and other things that you would not want to know about.

On to the Grit Valve. Go to Clemco's web site and you should find everything that you need to know.
http://www.clemcoindustries.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, its used. It will recieve lots of bleack on it before I put it on. It came from a buddy in Chi-town and was chaep. I found info on the valve there, Thank you. I guess we have more work to do on the unit as it doesn't cut off the sand feed when the trigger is released. Go figure.
Thanks Panderson, the Gilespie 24087 is what I plan on for the 53 wrecker.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

grimpy,
the rims looked polished not blasted get a courser abrasive. The pits in the rims will come cleaner much faster. I have a huge back logg of cars to get done these next few days I will post pics of each blasting process from fiberglass to heavy gauge steel.

·
Registered
558 Posts
panderson2414 I would love to see a vid of your blasting technique on either one of those cars looking at the spent abrassive on your work shop floor i take it you use a lot of fine glass.
A vid would help so many people including myself here on contractor talk there are a lot of questions about blasting auto steel and it would be great to see how a pro gets the job done.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

look real close at the fans behind the pakkard. That is where I blast. also If you look at my albums you will notice that I am mobile. I spend about three months a year home. I get around look at Bnny Abott he does a few states. He is not my inspector and I still contract

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

I did look back on the floor you were talking about. you were correct that is dust but it is plastic dust not glass dust, I think I dont want to breathe it anyway:clap:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hows plastic media compare to soda in blasting time and price is it your media of choice for paint removal from auto steel

·
Registered
558 Posts
what do you have for equipment
I have a sodablast systams multi media pot that runs an after cooler and a MT seperator tank that i now run a 185cfm airman compressor i did have only 100cfm but it was underpowered

21 - 40 of 44 Posts