Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding a pressure pot to my Fuji HVLP setup. The pots I'm looking at don't have fluid hoses, so I'm trying to figure out what to get. The pressure will be quite low, as all it has to do is push the paint to the gun. What kind of hose/fitting so I need? I have high pressure hoses for my airless, which I'm sure I could make work, but they're too stiff. Will an air hose work?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
It all depends. What product are you spraying? Water bornes can use pvc, rubber, or what I've been using for about 5 years , polyurethane
(Flexeel). We typically do 25 to 40 psi in our pots with a 1/4" x 25' hose with great results.

Laquer need special hoses designed for hot solvents.
Joe

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Railman said:
It all depends. What product are you spraying? Water bornes can use pvc, rubber, or what I've been using for about 5 years , polyurethane (Flexeel). We typically do 25 to 40 psi in our pots with a 1/4" x 25' hose with great results. Laquer need special hoses designed for hot solvents. Joe
Thanks! Never used a pressure pot before, so I wasn't sure. I'm spraying BM Advance on this next job, but I'm thinking it will be primarily used for Latex paints.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I use the airless hoses. They have the proper fittings on them.

Tom
Nothing wrong with that;) ,

Airless ratings are in the ball park of 2,000 psi, so you can always use a higher pressure/heavier hose, but they aren't as user friendly as a light gauge one. I used to use light weight clear pvc/beverage hose for my fluid lines years ago, & never had a problem. Adding fittings is a small price to pay for something that's easier to handle. Anything rated at over 50psi will get the job done, as long as it will handle the voc's of the fluid/paint.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts