Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday started with a sore throat and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. By night time I was coughing and had that old achy all over feeling along with the upset stomach.
Called the doc this morning and she said it sounded like classic H1N1 symptoms and put me on the Tamiflu.
I'm not complaining about the flu. Everything happens for a reason.
The thing that bugs me is they've been telling everyone that us old codgers over 65 are immune to it. So, assuming I have it, that sort of shoots that piece of propaganda in the foot.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Yesterday started with a sore throat and one of the worst headaches I've ever had. By night time I was coughing and had that old achy all over feeling along with the upset stomach.
Called the doc this morning and she said it sounded like classic H1N1 symptoms and put me on the Tamiflu.
The thing that bugs me is they've been telling everyone that us old codgers over 65 are immune to it. So, assuming I have it, that sort of shoots that piece of propaganda in the foot.
Man I hope I caqn't catch it from you!
I heard that us older people couldn't catch it either.:sad:

·
Contractor
7,671 Posts
Personally, I would stay away from Tamiflu also, if you are otherwise healthy, it, (h1n1), is just another bout of the flu.

I have heard of complications from Tamiflu, google it.

I hope you feel better soon, hang in there "old timer"! :thumbsup:

·
Contractor
7,671 Posts
Here is a little bit.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6484627

The FDA has ordered new cautionary language for the flu drug Tamiflu, telling doctors and patients to be on the lookout for abnormal behavior in people taking the drug. More than 100 recent cases of delirium, hallucinations and other unusual psychiatric behavior have been reported in Japanese patients.
But since you are already exhibiting signs of abnormal behavior.....carry on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
There is a good chance the old codgers as you call it are immune, it's not guarantied. If you picked it up in the 50's while there was a flu epidemic, then you're probably immune, but not everyone did. And yeah if you have a flu, there's a 99% chance it's H1N1.

·
Contractor
7,671 Posts
Thanks for the link. Since I have COPD I'm going to chance the abnormal behavior I guess. I have to do all I can to keep this stuff out of my lungs. My wife will just have to continue to put up with my crap.
I truly do hope you are feeling better soon.

My thoughts on you exhibiting abnormal behavior.... was due to you posting on a contractor site regarding medical advice. :blink:

What the heck are you thinking?

God's speed.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I truly do hope you are feeling better soon.

My thoughts on you exhibiting abnormal behavior.... was due to you posting on a contractor site regarding medical advice. :blink:

What the heck are you thinking?

God's speed.
I'm still try ing to figure out what I was thinking too.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Now i have to run my virus scan after reading this thread.

I think this N1H1 can get anyone, just doesnt kill you unless your the younger crowd.

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
I know two people with the H1N1. The first one got the tamiflu and was feeling better within a couple of days. The other one didn't and she's been sick for 2 weeks.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
I read the gov is making doctors call any flu the swine flu because its to soon for the flu. I think its all BS, most people who have the flu probably dont have N1H1.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I read the gov is making doctors call any flu the swine flu because its to soon for the flu. I think its all BS, most people who have the flu probably dont have N1H1.
Agreed, its a great way to make the company that produces Tamiflu rich, and the producer of the H1N1 vaccine.

There are still few cases that have actually been confirmed by blood test.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was over the temperature part of it in two days. It is still bothering my lungs but nothing like bronchitis or pneumonia does.
Don't know if it was the Tamiflu or the southern comfort that helped me.
I appreciate all you guy's encouragments.

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
Learn to trust you're gut feelings. I did not have a cough but came home last Wednesday with a bad stomach ache. Figured the beginning of the dreaded swine flu. Long story short, went to the ER @8:30 Thursday, came home @ 5:30 , minus one appendix.So, you just never know.:w00t:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts