Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are all the master electricians...from my last questions is there anyone out there that can answer my question....3 flourecent lights....i ran a new 12-2 wire from the panel box..to the double tube...then from the double tube to the 2(two)single tubes...the 2(two) single tubes burn bright....but the double tube either burns very low or doesnt burn at all.....whats happpening here...there's got to be a logical answer..it's not a trick question yes it's really happening....im not making this up...like i said...ive never ever seen this before.....PLEASE HELP.....if my dad was alive i'd go to him :(

U

·
0 Posts
OK going to need more information before I can help.
Is this three seperate light fixtures wired in series or one fixture with multiple lamps.
What are the length of the lamps involved.
Are the lamps ballast driven (A black box looking thing inside the inner shell) or transformer and igniter (old style it will have a small tube on one end that "clicks" before the light goes on)
last but not least are they electronic ballast or solid state (you might have to check the packages to find this one)

-brennan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

yes there in series...from the panel box first to the double 4 foot light...then out of the double 4 foot light to the other 2 single tubes 4 foot lights....im coming out of of each side of the double 4 foot ..to the 2 single tubes...n yes there ballest driven 120 v

·
Registered
3 Posts
series connected?

undefinedundefined
badd said:
yes there in series...from the panel box first to the double 4 foot light...then out of the double 4 foot light to the other 2 single tubes 4 foot lights....im coming out of of each side of the double 4 foot ..to the 2 single tubes...n yes there ballest driven 120 v
okay, let's see....You say that you wired the light fixtures in a series? It is my thought that you need to re-wire these fixtures.
120VAC-- Black or whatever color you are using for the hot lead and the White should be your common and the green is the ground.
Wirenut all the black leads together and all the white leads together and all the green leads together.This is not a what is called a series connection.Re-wire as I state and your problem will be fixed.
Bobby

·
Registered
886 Posts
mas2006 said:
Google tempo dot com
This site shows examples of series and parallel circuits with speakers.
May help you to rephrase your question, or understand your problem.

MAS2006

Do you kmow that you are posting to thread that is 2 years old? :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts