Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goe's....I have 3 flourecent lights...i ran 12-2 from the panel box to the Double Tube.....and from the double tube i ran 12-2 ...to the 2(two) single tubes....whalllllllllla...i turn the power on....and the 2(two)single tubes burn bright but the double tube acts like it's on low voltage....or even sometimes dont even burn......im pulling my hair out here..i know it's got to be something simple...but what is it...I NEED HELP..!!!!!!...Badd :(

U

·
0 Posts
First things first. Make sure your lamps are good. New does not mean good. Check the wire connections in the sockets. Make sure ballast wiring diagram matches actual fixture wiring. Factory workers are not necessarily electricians. They may not know, they may not care. Make sure fixture is grounded. Some ballasts are particular about that. Make sure that you have your circuit in parallel and not series. If you happened to series the circuit you would be dropping voltage, therefore not supplying enough primary voltage to operate the ballast. (Ballast secondary voltage would be low and not fire the lamps.)

U

·
0 Posts
I almost forgot. Make sure lamps are installed properly. Common error.

U

·
0 Posts
Neutral and hot wires

Make sure your neutral and hot wires are not reversed. I had this problem years ago at my sisters house and it drove me nuts for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts