Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Yea Mike, that's the stuff. Looks good on paper.
Still waiting for a positive comment, have lots of negatives.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Grumpy, non flexible surfaces such as tile obviously do not do well without a solid substrate. Edge is trying to bridge this basic physical concept and apparently not succeeding.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I honestly can not see how that stuff wont fail. Its kind of like when the immovable object meets the irresistable force.

How can it not crack when the floating floor core is expanding and contracting? Also how can it not crack with the flex of it being installed over an underlayment.

Pretty cool Cheese Wiz can that the grout comes in though.

I am not looking foward to it as one of my accounts is having the sample rack installed this week,and I am his Laminate Guy. Maybe I will tell him to have his Tile Guy do it :Thumbs:

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
It is an interesting thing. I have also seen lino installed on cork planks that float. This I am sure will work, but I am going to let this edge tile hit the market for quite awhile untill I stick MY nose in it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mike, I have heard that the 'cheese whiz' can is a nightmare unto itself.
The people that fall for this tend to be DIYers looking for something cheap and easy. In my experince (IME)(new contractor shortcut) this does not exsist. You get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts