Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a flexible T type molding that is around 22 feet in length and 2 inches wide. There are 3 large curves going L, R, L.

I plan to epoxy or silicone it in place, I just need a material that will accept the curves and be one long piece.

The internet has not turned up much yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One side is stone tile and the other is Laminate flooring. It is quite uneven which is why i need 2+ inches width in a T style.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
No such animal exists that I'm aware of. The longest you will find are 12 footers. I doubt it will look very appealing either....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Industrial Look with a good metal worker that can custom you a peice. Regardless what you do, with that length and profile it will have to be custom.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am pretty sure you will have to go custom. I have spent many hours looking for something just like you are describing. We have a sub that is a master at custom wood. Not cheap, but we build the expense in at the beginning. I am rooting for you to find a simpler option, but am not optimistic.

·
Done Wright Flooring
41 Posts
Their are some transitions that are available at any desired length you need it cut at but for the most part they are flat rubber pieces mostly used in commercial settings for vinyl ends to concrete. But sadly what you probably need will be at the twelve foot length. Search around something like that might just work. Good luck

·
Multi-Craft ContractorLLC
44 Posts
1) You're local flooring wholesaler (Daltile, Bixco) not retailer (flooring store) should have an assortment of vinyl 'cap' transitions of numerous styles, colors, and shapes that you can get to work or even a metal one you may be able to modify.

2) Tape up some cardboard, cut out a template, and make one out of wood!

You're probably going to have to get a little creative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks like Flexitions molding will do the job. The homeowner cares not about price. The molding I need from Flexitions will be around $550. I agree that wood is the obvious choice, but the transition is so out of whack that wood is not the best material for this job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts