Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an investment house to flip i was curious if anyone had any resources for some cheap carpet and tile. i am gonna be putting new flooring in the whole house (1700 sq ft) it is some nasty carpet and the linolium (sp) has some holes so i want to put in some tile in the dining room, kitchen, baths and laundry room, and then carpet in the rest of the house. i am not real concerned about it being super great carpet, in fact i want pretty much as cheap as i can get. LOL same thing with the tile.

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Well, I personally cannot help you unless you are in Alaska, but usually what you are going to want to do, is start a nice business relationship with a flooring salesperson locally, if you are planning on doing flooring business somewhat regularly.
A good business relationship will get you a long way.
You need to concentrate on in stock or close out items to save you the most money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
floor

I c you live in CA, most if not all of the products from China come in to CA, so check out local stores and search the internet for "mail order" companies near you. Chances are you can get away with minimal freight charges and no taxes and will be at a lower price than the local store. China makes a lot of laminate, tile, and carpet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts