Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations on where i can find affordable engineered floor and roof trusses in the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area?

I have been getting some really high quotes and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations...

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Attach your design criteria to your letterhead, with your expectations and submit to all manufacturers in the area.

If you have quotes that are similar then that just may be the price you are looking at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Without knowing the design of the house and roofs and requirements and needs, it is not good to recommend someone a source. Because all the companies of trusses do not work on the same functions. Few work for industrial sectors and few fulfill the domestic needs. Even the variation comes in material aspect as well. Few deals with steel, few with solid iron(usually for industry) and few companies deal in wood plus steel trusses. So please explain your need in complete detail.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
there's only 3 manufactures in our area.

They should be all about the same

I use Truss Engineering Corp, Belchertown, ma.

there's more listed, but they're mostly owned
by top three

·
Registered
3 Posts
Without knowing the design of the house and roofs and requirements and needs, it is not good to recommend someone a source. Because all the companies of trusses do not work on the same functions. Few work for industrial sectors and few fulfill the domestic needs. Even the variation comes in material aspect as well. Few deals with steel, few with solid iron(usually for industry) and few companies deal in wood plus steel trusses. So please explain your need in complete detail.
(If some one has better option/advise then he can share with us. Recently we got steel trusses from a Toronto based group called "SteelTruss" for our Canada office, but this is just for those who belong to Canada or have some interests there)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts