Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun little job. Cab and top fabrication with install.

Minimalist walnut vanity. Solid face frames, doors edged with a "t" style band mitered and glued.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Install was fun. Opening closed up 1/8" and cabinet fronts ran 1/8" wide. Ended up with gaps a LRC or two less than 3/16" to get everything to clear the walls. The walls :censored::laughing::whistling where out of square close to 3/8" in 2'. Made 'er work, won't show pictures (not pretty), we got her in.

Attachments

·
Always Learning
8,722 Posts
Very very cool! My next concrete top will be gfrc. Did you buy a complete mix or do an add mix?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started off looking at the Rhodes mix ... Big problem, low supplies from the local distributors or high shipping costs online. The company that bought out that end of things has reduced distributors and can't seem to give solid answers to fill inventory. Talked with a distributor in Milwaukee over Xmas and the one in Dallas. Same thing, waiting and not sure when.

Said the hell with that noise and researched the 'Add mix' approach. Did a successful test run up north. The distributor was very helpful as to what his customers are using ect. Turned out well. Got back to Dallas gathered up the supplies and got to work on it.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Add mixes are Fritzpak counter flo and NCA (non chloride Accelerator), directions on packages.

The 'Meth Lab". if I get pulled over the police would have a field day if all the goodies are in the truck, couple hundred pounds of white powder, scale, measuring equipment, syringes ......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait till it's 110 in the shop, accelerator may be be optional :censored:

For this top a stone sealer we've used for travertine . Kept the texture and feel of concrete with little or no color and sheen change.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice work. I will be trying out the gfrc soon on a half bath in my house. Will probably use buddy Rhodes mix. How heavy was that top?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts