Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Design Build
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I thought I should have this.........................

.................and so I shall. Thursday.

It will come in handy for my expanded as-built service. I'll post a review by the weekend.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Use it a lot while its under warranty
Takes 6 weeks after sending it in for repair to get it back, should not take that long since I dont even think they open the box

I had one which rarely worked, battery drained quick and always had connection issues. Customer service was useless
That was 4 years ago hopefully you have better luck

·
Design Build
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read the battery lasts only about one hour. That’s not too bad for such a small battery.

i’ve been known to buy tools that turn out to be failures. I like to do my own reviews so fingers are crossed.

Reactions: rrk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Keep us posted, I have had my eye on that. What a game changer if it works for scanning walls on estimates. Give you a good idea of what has to be moved before you open them up.

·
Design Build
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, on the screen of the phone, it has a temperature range scale displayed. It shows the hottest to coldest things it "sees".

·
Design Build
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The FLIR One comes with an extendable lightning connector, or USB-C if you have an android device.

My iPhone is in an OtterBox case and it does not take the lightning connector correctly. I have the lightning connector fully extended and it still doesn’t connect so I had to take my phone out of its case to use the FLIR One

1 - 7 of 7 Posts