Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wasting Time
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use Flex Trim? I need to replace some molding in an archway and I was trying to find the best solution.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
184 Posts
For jamb material, it flexes just fine and for casing that isn't too sharp and for small dimensions. However, if you are going for a larger arc casing, then you need to accurately record dimensions and send them in to the company or make a template. Staining can be tricky too, but not impossible. If this is just paint grade, then mdf and a router would be the best option.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I use it all the time. Make sure it's toasty warm when you need to bend it. Like a wet lasagna noodle.
Put some Polyseam seal on the back and don't over nail it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use it on interiors and exteriors. More than just arched, ellipse and half round windows. Have opened molds for all the LP SmartTrim sizes in both cedar grain and their new smooth for use on the exterior of homes. Great product and it will far outlast anything else on an exterior.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Use it on interiors and exteriors. More than just arched, ellipse and half round windows. Have opened molds for all the LP SmartTrim sizes in both cedar grain and their new smooth for use on the exterior of homes. Great product and it will far outlast anything else on an exterior.
Have you looked at the posts you are responding to. 10 or more years old. Do you sell flex trim? If not, why would you search for such a random thing?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you looked at the posts you are responding to. 10 or more years old. Do you sell flex trim? If not, why would you search for such a random thing?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Just a builder sharing that that the molds are out there of LP SmartTrim products for exteriors. Doing a massive project with big wall radia and using lots of it as a result so paid to have to molds opened. I feel that others can benefit from having that knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts