Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
30 year novice
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had good results with using a flat on the walls in a bathroom? By good results I mean it should not show water stains, hairspray washes off etc etc. If so what brand and line please. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Something like this might work for ya.

"Matte Wall Paint is not as scrubbable as Eurolux Acrylic Wall Paint. After thirty days cure time, this finish may be washed with mild powdered detergent and warm water. Rinse and buff lightly with towel to restore matte finish. Please note that dark colors burnish (turn shiny) if rubbed excessively."

Mild powdered detergent. Huh? Dishwasher powder?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
A true flat paint won't be washable. There are plenty of paints that claim to be washable flat but they do it by adding a slight sheen they are more of a matte finish. The more sheen the more washable.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
True, but notice how neato I came up with his best shot at it. I'm wondering to the original poster why a completely flat wall paint in that bathroom is absolutely necessary. Pray tell.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Coronado is their commercial line - I'm interested in where the coating performance break is. The BM Regal matte was really talked up in the link I posted.
I've used the regal matte in a couple baths. No complaints so far. The folks at the local b.m. recommended it for baths specifically.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
I use Porter Paints Ceramic Matte for clients that insist on 'Flat' in the bathrooms. Really good stuff, but you have to let it dry good (about 7 days) before you can get it wet, otherwise it will streak. The 'streaks' go away, but it's noticeable until it dries back out. The darker colors have more sheen than the lighter ones. I used it it in my own bath (wife wanted flat :mad:) and it's held up very well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts