Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a requirement to fill the flues on a steel deck or not? I Thought it was a given. haven't found any info that says yeah or ney..............

Case in point.... We're ripping a b.u.r. that has 1 1/2" in the flues(two layers of3/4")and 1 1/2" Iso on top of that. We found some wet and I made the comment that I didn't want to have to mess with the insul. in the flue that was stuck to the bottom of the 1 1/2" iso....So then this 25 yr. roof veteran says " f-it u dont need to fill the flues" Granted, he knows more than I about commercial flat roofing, but doesn't give a fudge about anything if its close to HAPPY HOUR, So am I wrong?? Is it just a quality thing? With 1 1/2" you'd have to fill in the flues. Its just that simple. Oh yah, he had missed an hour of happy hour when he said that.:furious:
Thanks

·
Industrial and Commercial
34 Posts
I've got 22 years on commercial flats and the only time I have ever filled the flutes was when it was spec'd and I was paid for it. It is no code that I know of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks......... Huh........When someone installs the steel deck upside down.................. Then you have to fill the flues to support the 1 1/2" ISO.......... He ran circles around me today..... F-ck.... When ya got it down ... 20'x100'sheets ....ya got it down........ (head hung low).. I'll make it up in when we fab and install the metal............ somewhat anyhow.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts