Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if there a concrete building code requirement for the flat rubber roofs to have an appropriate drainage. The situation with our building is such that the water doesn't drain at all, because the pitch isn't designed correctly. So I am looking for ways to put some pressure on the contractor to fix this. I am in Massachusetts and I found this section of code around roofs, but the language is too technical for me to make sense of it (see the attachment). Can please someone help?

Thanks,
Vlad.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Roofs with no drainage are ok. Infact during WWII roofs were designed to hold water incase the Nazi's bombed us, from air all the standing water on the roofs would look like fish farms or water treatment facilities, not weapon making factories.

What type of roof membrane was installed? Some have no problem holding standing water, and have no invalidation in their warranty. However some do require positive drainage.

What makes you think you have improper drainage or that it's the contractor's fault? Maybe it's the architect's fault for improper design.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.