Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this is called? It is a corner piece separating the brick and vinyl of the corner of a customers home. It is aluminum and was hit with a Dingo, I'm having to replace it in a couple of days. Any tips are appreciated as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It's PVC coil stock. What else do you need to know ?

Btw, you can go over what you have there if you clean up some of the caulk -- or have the metal wrap around the J channel edge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's PVC coil stock. What else do you need to know ?

Btw, you can go over what you have there if you clean up some of the caulk -- or have the metal wrap around the J channel edge.
This is made out of aluminum, trying to replace it for a customer. It was hit by a Toro Dingo bucket and has a nice dent in it half way up :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you were a contractor you would know what coil stock is and how to use a metal brake to make the piece. This is probably a good place to end the discussion.
Wow dude, First I never said I was a contractor for housing lol. I own a successful landscaping business. Second I asked if its flashing or rake. Im not trying to use a metal brake to make a piece, never said that. Trying to figure out what I can buy that's pre-made
I've been doing this **** for 30 years and still never seen a brake on a job site.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Do you think someone made this or is it something I can buy that's pre-made?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you were a contractor you would know what coil stock is and how to use a metal brake to make the piece. This is probably a good place to end the discussion.
...Woooooooooooooooo......
Are you just bored man, don't know who peed in you dinner but I just asked a question. No reason to be rude or condescending

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Wow dude, First I never said I was a contractor for housing lol. I own a successful landscaping business. Second I asked if its flashing or rake. Im not trying to use a metal brake to make a piece, never said that. Trying to figure out what I can buy that's pre-made

I am not an expert on these materials because we don't put that crapnon our houses here.

But. It looks like a j channel for vinyl siding married/caulked to a coil stock corner that was bent on site by the siding contractor.

You need to find a local vinyl siding guy. They could get you fixed up quick and easy. The whole point of vinyl siding and coil stock is fast and cheap.

If you are a contractor, introduce yourself as such in the new member section please.

Otherwise, ima get roasted for helping a homeowner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Windows, Roof, Siding
77 Posts
Just offer the customer a discount to accept it as is. If you dont know how to replace it youre going to have to pay someone else, its not a premade product you can just buy and put up. Plus if you put new stuff up youre going to have to find a color match and the new corner is going to look so clean its going to make the rest of the siding look extra dirty. If there is no crack or hole where the dent is, it shouldnt cause any issues.

·
Registered
Remodel
35,587 Posts

If it's aluminum, probably someone made it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yep as others have said the pvc coil stock bent with a brake. Just call a sider and have them take care of it. There is nothing off the shelf I have ever seen that will work in that situation. I would not move the damaged piece just new coil over the old one.

·
Registered
12,882 Posts
For the purposes of conversation with a siding guy, I would describe it like this: "I have an outside corner (auminum clad) at ground level, (have dimensions on hand, like for a 2x4 x 7') with a ding in it. Can you make and put a piece over it?"

Or, if that doesn't work, go to a metal fabrication shop with your dimensions and have them make it. It's just two sides of a 2x4, with a little extra to snip and bend it around the bottom, and a notch at the top you can cut yourself. Glue and caulk in place.

(But my first option is probably better all around. You should focus on your next job, not this little headache.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts