They do not need to be electronic fingerprints, but he will need to submit them for the background check. Fingerprints must be taken by a technician within a law enforcement agency or an entity approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services. Most law enforcement agencies and many security companies provide civil applicant fingerprinting services and are accepted.
It is acceptable to print and use an online version of the fingerprint card. Or call the DBPR to have one mailed.
1) Print the fingerprint card on white card stock (from any office store). White paper works too but it’s less reliable than card stock.
2) Fill in the personal information.
3) Go to a local law enforcement office in your area to have your fingerprints rolled onto the card.
a. Print off and bring a couple extra cards just in case an error is made during the process.
4) IMPORTANT! Prior to mailing your fingerprint card, you must complete the following steps in order to make advance payment of $54.50 (do not send any money to Prints Inc, please follow the procedure below): PLEASE NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions and make payment will result in your fingerprint card being returned to you and delay the processing
a. Log onto the Pearson VUE website at
b. Select Continue in the language you choose.
c. Enter your legal first and last name.
d. Choose your agency from the drop down list
e. Select Pay For Ink Card Submission
f. Complete all of the required demographic information
g. Once you have entered your information select “Send” at the bottom of the page and you will be provided a verification page. You should verify that all the information you provided is correct and that you are being printed for the correct agency.
h. If everything is correct select “Go” at the top of the page and you have completed the entering of the required demographic information.
i. Choose your form of payment the option and then “Select”. At this time you will be able to enter either your credit/debit card information, or e‐check information.
j. Print the confirmation page and include a copy of the confirmation page in the package with the fingerprint card sent to Prints Inc. Failure to provide the confirmation page may cause a delay in processing your finger print card.
5) Make copies (a scan is best) of the: 1) completed Fingerprint Card AND 2) online payment confirmation page. Include as part of your application.
6) Mail the card to the scanning facility:
a. IMPORTANT! You must include a copy of the confirmation page (see above) in the package with the fingerprint card. Failure to provide the confirmation page will cause a major delay in processing your finger print card.
b. Be careful with the card! Do not bend or smear.
c. Use a track-able method – Fed Ex, UPS, etc.
d. Mail to:
FLDBPR, Florida Fingerprinting Program, Prints Inc.
119 East Park Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32301