Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Wow. You have a project on your hands. What is that...... Some type of overhead canopy to protect from rain?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's a major alright two inspections monday so then we'll know where we stand with it
The scaffold covers the whole area then its fully wrapped with a heavy duty shrink wrap to keep the weather at bay

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Walraven said:
It's a major alright two inspections monday so then we'll know where we stand with it The scaffold covers the whole area then its fully wrapped with a heavy duty shrink wrap to keep the weather at bay
With the shrink wrap, can you get some airflow happening? I see overheating once the sun hits it

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the shrink wrap, can you get some airflow happening? I see overheating once the sun hits it
The wrap usually only extends down to head height for easy acess in and out, the partial wraps like this one are all good buton a full wrap roof included itncan get pretty warm in there

·
Registered
198 Posts
dielectricunion said:
Jeez! "they don't mak'em like they used to!"
14 odd years ago the style of house people wanted and that were in 'style' were the type of house that could survive in California where it never rains but here in NZ it rains a fair bit so the design never worked!
I remember doing a job on a house that had a internal heated pool running though the middle of the house the frames and joinery which was wooden were stuffed,, it took us weeks to dry out the frames that were saveable, and still the builders that built them got shafted!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Walraven said:
This was holding up the side of the house next support was about three metres back
That's not too bad you know it's bad whenwater tracked up into the joists

·
Registered
198 Posts
Walraven said:
This was holding up the side of the house next support was about three metres back
It still baffles me to why they thought it would be a good idea to put the bottom plate hard down to the ground like that

·
Super Moderator
27,719 Posts
Looks like a fun one, Wal. Hope yall didnt have another project to jump to right away.

I have a whole house remodel we just started. I talked them into new Marvins and Hardie siding, I hope I dont find that behind the old cedar that is there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts