Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
Well I thought today would be a good day to try and make a Youtube video. So I did and here it is.

So now I'm guessing I should put it on my website as well. Should it just be a link to it on my sidebar or should I have it as part of a page?
Nice! :thumbup:
I'd embed it and also make a blog post with it too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I thought today would be a good day to try and make a Youtube video. So I did and here it is.

So now I'm guessing I should put it on my website as well. Should it just be a link to it on my sidebar or should I have it as part of a page?
looks good,, some advice.. create some custom titles on the bottom of the video with your website address at least. Why? Well believe it or not people will scrape the internet for content to post it on their website, when they see videos like this that are not branded, it makes great content. Now if you branded the video and someone jacks it, they are usually so lazy to not edit your info, so at least your getting some free advertising. Good vid keep it up!

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Nice video, very informative...:thumbsup: What camera did you use to record that? Looks like HD, video is nice and clear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my opinion, I would use the titles and the description of your video to provide more information to potential customers who are searching for how to repair/ or problems with their pool. This way it will provide a little extra search engine juice for your site, as well as a better layman's explanation of what the video is referring to! This will in turn hopefully get your videos more views as well as leads for your business!

Hope this helps! Great job on the video!

Reactions: Sir Mixalot

·
Licensed Gas contractor
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice video, very informative...:thumbsup: What camera did you use to record that? Looks like HD, video is nice and clear.
This was done on my iPhone 4. Then I ran it thru a video program Avidemux as I had recorder two videos and then merged them together.

·
Licensed Gas contractor
708 Posts

I have edited the video to include a watermark of sorts. The original video has been removed. Here is the link to the new one.

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
This was done on my iPhone 4. Then I ran it thru a video program Avidemux as I had recorder two videos and then merged them together.
Video came out real good, I thought it was one of those small HD video recorders you wear on your head and record as you do things. :thumbsup:

·
Your Smart Marketing Guru
20 Posts
I’ve seen the video and even visited your Youtube channel. It would be great to maximized the use of Youtube to drive traffic, leads and even sales to your site. A Youtube channel is definitely a great marketing tool because it is the second most utilized search engine in the world, next to Google.

Why invest in videos about you and your company?

1. It enables you and your business to present your content in an engaging way. You could embed it in your own website and it gives more life to it.

2. It also makes you stand out from the rest of the competition by making a quality and valuable video.

3. Customers actually tend to trust people and businesses when they actually see the real you talking about your company, what you do, etc.

4. Customers would more likely appreciate videos because it is easier to process information if there is a clear video that explains or even shows what and how to do things.

5. Videos can have SEO benefit because it can increase your exposure in the search engine results, generate and increase web traffic, inbound links, conversion rate, time on site and decrease your bounce rate.

So keep your Youtube channel updated regularly with interesting and valuable videos that your viewers and customers would look forward to. Embed these videos to your site and create a content about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts