Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
First time on the website and looking forward to learning and sharing.
I've been in the HVAC industry for 20 years and I've recently moved to South West Florida. I've worked for 2 different companies since being here and am increasingly getting frustrated. It seems that unless you're pretending you're a salesman and (at the lack of better term) bsing people out of their money there's no place for me in companies down here. I try to help people even if they can't afford a new system when they need it, and my boss looks down upon that.
I had my own company in NJ years ago and have done everything from installing to sales and am confident I can make a comfortable living for myself and my family (wife, 2 year old son and 5 month old daughter) but, not at the expense of my principles.
I'd love to start my own company but, since we're just started out here we don't have the money saved for it right now.
Does anyone know anything about renting a license ? I've been told that's the best thing for me to do but, I don't know the details. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts