Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building my first personal house so I thought I would do a progress build as it goes. I'm using a local builder but myself and John(JT Wood) will be framing the house. I'm excited to make the move to homeownership and to be apart of the build is just the icing on the cake.
Text Floor plan Technical drawing Line Drawing Floor plan Technical drawing Drawing Plan Text Floor plan Technical drawing Plan Drawing Text

We redesigned most of the layout to make the house for our needs now and into the future

The foundation was dug last week and has now been poured.
Soil Geological phenomenon Construction Foundation Slope Wall Wood Land lot Construction Lumber Wall Lumber Wood Siding Home Transport Wall Reinforced concrete Roof Asphalt Wall Brickwork Foundation Brick Reinforced concrete

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
the hardest part is making sure crap gets completed as it's easy to get a little hap-hazard in the end of things!
:whistling 18 years later and I am taking care of those little things left hanging only because I'm getting ready to put the place on the market.

·
Super Moderator
10,672 Posts
:whistling 18 years later and I am taking care of those little things left hanging only because I'm getting ready to put the place on the market.
We might be related!

Mine was started 19 years ago. The running joke is that when every detail is finished, the house goes on the market. That was the case with our first two houses.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats! Looks like it will be a handsome house from the front elevation drawing. Are you going to have a detached garage?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Stunt Carpenter said:
I guess I could add that C2 projects might get roped into helping as well.
Haha, I wasn't fishing for a shout out but I'll take it. Meant to say too I like the way the elevation looks. Are they making you build that small 2' wall in your stairwell as a tall wall? I don't like doing houses with 2 tall walls. But with a boom life's a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C2projects said:
Haha, I wasn't fishing for a shout out but I'll take it. Meant to say too I like the way the elevation looks. Are they making you build that small 2' wall in your stairwell as a tall wall? I don't like doing houses with 2 tall walls. But with a boom life's a lot easier.
Ya I think their are 4 tall walls in the front stairs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts