Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Flooring is what is scaring me. I definitely at least need hardwood in the main floor and that tripled my flooring budget.

Kitchens - I just replicated that kitchen in the pictures above on Ikea and it is $2800 but with an Oak countertop and a couple more cabinets . Oak countertop, a big no or a yes? I was thinking it may be acceptable if you can almost match it with an oak looking flooring? Id have to add appliances on top of this of course.

I want to put the laundry room where there fridge is in the pics above, make a small closed off room with a stackable.
Hey Frenchy, Not sure what area of Ontario you are in. However with so many of these flip houses on the market you have to make yours stand out. Everyone is doing open concept, laminate floors, white kitchens with grey paint.

Ask your realator what sells. We just finished a house in Brampton, ONT and did a legal basement for the home owner as they thought that would be a key selling feature. They said "everyone that has come through, liked the place. But don't like the price".....

For hardwood/kitchen check out http://bryansfarm.com/auctions.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0OPWpZGT4QIVQh6tBh1nZQ4uEAAYASABEgIfbvD_BwE

you may be able to save some money there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hey Frenchy, Not sure what area of Ontario you are in. However with so many of these flip houses on the market you have to make yours stand out. Everyone is doing open concept, laminate floors, white kitchens with grey paint.

Ask your realator what sells. We just finished a house in Brampton, ONT and did a legal basement for the home owner as they thought that would be a key selling feature. They said "everyone that has come through, liked the place. But don't like the price".....

For hardwood/kitchen check out http://bryansfarm.com/auctions.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0OPWpZGT4QIVQh6tBh1nZQ4uEAAYASABEgIfbvD_BwE

you may be able to save some money there.
SMPL,
I actually go to a similar auction. What I find is that more often then not, there is a better deal to be found or there is a reason the stuff is at auction. For the convenience and time I use Lowes. 15% off for contractors.

Got it , what was the remediation plan and I am guessing its not expensive
The remidiation plan was to rip the whole basement out and start fresh :) Walls were stipple.

This house will be the biggest money maker.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hey all, so I kind of stopped posting as I wasn't getting many responses so I didn't think anyone really cared haha.

This house was completed just before Christmas and going on the market on Friday. It actually turned out really well and the stairs turned out great.

I had a bit of a snag at the end, the guy I normally get to make my custom vanities and islands took off on me and had to scramble to find someone. Ended up costing me a lot more.

Here's some of the last pics I took, I'll post the MLS listing early next week.
Sorry all I vanished, so this house was completed and sold in 2 weeks. I was not happy with this house as there was so many flaws to work with. I made made some great money but ended up spending a lot and didn't get the results I wanted. But I was working with what I had.

Heres a link to all progress pics.
https://ibb.co/album/nG8Ctv

Kitchen:
Not happy with the backsplash.

Front door purchased at auction for $200 :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I also ended up purchasing another house which is two doors down. It had a sewer backup in an unfinished basement and I got it for a steal.

https://ibb.co/album/fJ2qwF

An update on this house. It is actually finished as well as of last night. This house will be the biggest money maker, and the least amount of labor I have put into these houses personally.

This will be listed on Monday.

I'll update with more pictures shortly. Follow the link for what I have now. https://ibb.co/album/fJ2qwF

·
Registered
Custom
12,564 Posts
An update on this house. It is actually finished as well as of last night. This house will be the biggest money maker, and the least amount of labor I have put into these houses personally.

This will be listed on Monday.

I'll update with more pictures shortly. Follow the link for what I have now. https://ibb.co/album/fJ2qwF

BINGO!... :clap:

Congrats!... :thumbup:

Are you self-financing ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
how are you able to flip that many homes in these short amount of time?? i mean doesnt the tax man know your running this a business and not as an home owner..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
how are you able to flip that many homes in these short amount of time?? i mean doesnt the tax man know your running this a business and not as an home owner..
I do it under a business for the most part.

just caught up on your thread-looking good (y)
Thanks,
Just listed the most recent house yesterday. Unfortunately the backyard is full of garbage frozen into the ground!

Follow the link below for all the pics.

https://ibb.co/album/fJ2qwF

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
As you can see we keep the exterior work to a minimum. On this house I simply spray painted the mail box, cleaned up the interlock and replaced the front door and exterior light.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Just picked up another one today, very little profit in this but I can't find anything right now and need anything right now to just keep things going..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Just picked up another one today, very little profit in this but I can't find anything right now and need anything right now to just keep things going..
How’s house flipping coming along ?
Actually very good,
I got out of the flipping and started new construction. I purchased 3 houses in a row and I have knocked them down and rebuilt, I’ll post some pictures of the first one when I’m back from vacation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually very good,
I got out of the flipping and started new construction. I purchased 3 houses in a row and I have knocked them down and rebuilt, I’ll post some pictures of the first one when I’m back from vacation.

That’s awesome!!

I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures.

It won’t let me message you.

Do you have a scope of work template you’d be willing to share by chance?

I’m looking to buy a house and I’m going to use the brrrr method. I’ll be using a hard money lender so it’ll be expensive, but I’m hoping when i refi I can get most of my cash back even after paying the hard money lender back

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Update on the house that this post was about. I just finished this in November and it just sold a couple weeks ago. I decided to build new instead of renovate.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Next project, I have two of these, but holding off on one until I see where the market goes.

Demo of this place starts Wednesday, I am re-using part of the foundation and the basement bathroom so I had to strip some drywall and insulation out before it gets wet!

If you look to the far right of the picture you can see the house I just finished.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts