Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got called today for an estimate on a Log cabin out in the middle of nowhere. 2200 square feet of floor space. Exterior is finished for the most part, interior is a skeleton. All rough electrical and plumbings there, but it needs everything else. Hoping they take my numbers and agree, would be nice to add this to my bank account and my folder of jobs! :thumbup:
Photos below.

http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/BHIandR/library/

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in one of the pictures a few ladders, not mine just there.

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firm plans on the interior are 90%, only thing they have yet to decide is the type of wood they want on the living area cieling. They want to keep with the log cabin and use 1x6 T&G for that just not quite sure what they want to use. Other than that, plans are firm.

Got my name through someone I did work for a while back, built a deck and a shed, finished a loft area and ran new lines to the bathroom for a shower install that Ill never trust a homeowner to order again...

·
Registered
819 Posts
strange its a bad year for you in PA....here in WI its going quite well....im up 20-25% over last year and last year was also a record year....im as busy as id like to be over all....some weeks are a bit slow, but most are steady/busy

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Log home Company, honestly dont even remember the name. It was one of those Shell built deals. They build the shell (walls, roof, subfloor etc) and the rest is up to you. Basically they give you a project house that you have to finish. They have owned this place for a while, and they get up here a couple times a week and did what little they could do and realized its wayyy beyond their scope.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Hope you don't mind...i looked at the pics of your truck too...nice utility bed.

i had a slow start too. Just getting crazy now. A good month if not 1.5 months behind where I usually am. Good til mid aug early sept now but it was week by week for quite a while, sometimes day to day..

Hope you get it

·
Master of none.
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope you don't mind...i looked at the pics of your truck too...nice utility bed.

i had a slow start too. Just getting crazy now. A good month if not 1.5 months behind where I usually am. Good til mid aug early sept now but it was week by week for quite a while, sometimes day to day..

Hope you get it
Hell I dont mind, Posted it to help out mike and anyone else who may want to take a look and get an idea on it!:thumbsup:

Im got a few calls today and have 2 smaller jobs lined up for friday. One saturday afternoon too. Its picking up, just not as quick as I would like. Glad your speeding up too Dom-Mas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts