Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you paid for training your help to learn job site first aid?

In my old business I sent my supervisors off to learn first aid---never thought of it for this career--

I'm getting older and just might get hurt or keel over from a bad heart--
I got to wondering if my assistant knows basic CPR and other first aid basics---

I'll have to see what classes are available----

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly.I've learned a lot of first aid over the years---I don't know if my assistant has---

My first aid kit is a roll of electrical tape and some McDonalds napkins--:laughing:

·
Registered
373 Posts
As an emt in my spare time, I'd say do it. You never know when an emergency will come along and you'll the guy that's gotta do something. I wouldn't mind carrying a cheap AED on the truck either. Compressions and defibrillation are the keys to saving someone in arrest.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are classes taught? The local health department use to publish a list of classes--I'll have to check that out---

·
Registered
373 Posts
mikeswoods said:
Where are classes taught? The local health department use to publish a list of classes--I'll have to check that out---
Our local hospital certifies our instructors. Most instructors also teach business for a fee. Usually a flat rate per person.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
American Red Cross is another resource for 1st aid and CPR training.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
MDjim said:
As an emt in my spare time, I'd say do it. You never know when an emergency will come along and you'll the guy that's gotta do something. I wouldn't mind carrying a cheap AED on the truck either. Compressions and defibrillation are the keys to saving someone in arrest.
How much does such a unit cost?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Agility said:
How much does such a unit cost?
I think you could pick one up for around 500. Just google AEDs. The ones we carry are a couple grand, but that's because they have some extra features for documentation and such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts