Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
not my style I like the soapstone/granite surround though. work looks nice and looks like a really nice house the color looks kinda washed out because of the décor

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The craziest part was the $30,000 granite surround was delayed months and I had to build the whole thing without it. Then slide everything into place when it came in. There was just a wee bit of measuring twice on that one.

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
The craziest part was the $30,000 granite surround was delayed months and I had to build the whole thing without it. Then slide everything into place when it came in. There was just a wee bit of measuring twice on that one.
Looks like it fit. You must have had good shop drawings.

Nice job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
we ran in to the same thing waiting on some very ornate limestone pieces. 3 fireplaces were built and waiting and we still had time to wrap the porches in bluestone and build a couple stone walls before they came in. nothing better then setting large pieces with a brand new hardwood floor behind you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't know about cell phone picture, looks beautiful to me - like it should be in a magazine :) I too love the look of the soapstone. Hope I get to build one sometime.

Great job
Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts