Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to redo our fireplace. Thinking about using veneer stone on the face and sides of it.

In the pictures you can see the upper half where the tv is set in the depth of 1 brick. Do you think it's ok to knock the lower half part that's sticks out further to make everything flush? Reason i dont want to fur the top of to be even with the bottom because the living room is already skinny and the tv will stick out even more. The fireplace can function but we dont plan on using it and hasnt been used in years. Id like to just frame the opening and add a longer electric fireplace, maybe 50". Or possibly just knock out enough brick to frame the electric unit.

Thinking about just using furring strips from top to bottom then cement board. The last picture is an idea of what were looking to do. If any other pics of different angles are needed let me know. I just don't know a ton about fireplaces. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated.

Brickwork Brick Building material Rectangle Wood
Brickwork Brick Window Wood Flooring
Property Wood Building House Flooring
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Grey
Property Rectangle Product Black Wood

Attachments

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,301 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.