Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Near the end of building my first home, and have decided to put a bedroom, washroom, and half bath in my full basement.I need ideas with what to do with the cold concrete floor, and heating options. As for the half bath, I've been told I would need a pump system because my septic outlet is about four feet from the floor. I have a forced hot water furnace (oil) and was told to put an old cast iron radiator onto the return line. Now the floor, I've been given a couple of options. One, Put laminate down with throw rugs. Or strapping then plywood. Or Two by fours, pressure treated then plywood. But I'm conserned with water. I don't want to spend money on something that I'll have to rip out. I have a sump pump hole in one corner with a slightly slopped floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry

Posted on the wrong site. I need to slow down and read alittle. Again SORRY for posting here. Have reposted at diy. THANX :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
newbeehomeowner

I read your message with interest ! Did you apply and receive a building permit, If not I suggest you do so Ask the bld inspector the same question you posted he-she MIGHT have the answer
NewbeeHomeowner said:
Near the end of building my first home, and have decided to put a bedroom, washroom, and half bath in my full basement.I need ideas with what to do with the cold concrete floor, and heating options. As for the half bath, I've been told I would need a pump system because my septic outlet is about four feet from the floor. I have a forced hot water furnace (oil) and was told to put an old cast iron radiator onto the return line. Now the floor, I've been given a couple of options. One, Put laminate down with throw rugs. Or strapping then plywood. Or Two by fours, pressure treated then plywood. But I'm conserned with water. I don't want to spend money on something that I'll have to rip out. I have a sump pump hole in one corner with a slightly slopped floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts