Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pro
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a contractor finishing my own basement. Since I designed it I switched the location of the bathroom sink from one side to the other. The rough in was already put in and basement slab installed. I have the basement frame done with drain in with lines protruding through the bottom plates. My question is, would it matter which line I used for the vent and which one I used for the waste line?

·
Pro
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's only roughed in as a vent line right now. I would be using the line that is supposed to be the vent as my drain line and then use what is supposed to be the drain line for my vent. So the drain line and vent line will be independent of each other, but basically wantng to know if the two can be swapped. It seems to me that I could use it this way, but really don't know the design practices in plumbing. This vent line also vents the bathtub and toilet.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
It's only roughed in as a vent line right now. I would be using the line that is supposed to be the vent as my drain line and then use what is supposed to be the drain line for my vent. So the drain line and vent line will be independent of each other, but basically wantng to know if the two can be swapped. It seems to me that I could use it this way, but really don't know the design practices in plumbing. This vent line also vents the bathtub and toilet.
Using a vent as a waste is a code violation here.
This.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts